Thursday 6 January 2011

Happy New Year




Happy New Year !  I would like to think it will be as good as, or better, than last year. Can't say I'm sorry the festivities are over and every where is back to normal.


I have a couple of shows coming up which is fantastic. One on 20th Jan in Chelmsford, it's a one off  Art Show & Auction supporting the Helen Rollason Cancer Charity.  A Banksy and a Philip Townsend photograph are amongst the pieces up for auction. WOW. Some East Anglian artists have been invited to show work for sale and I'm one of them....Should be an interesting evening.
The other show is in February at the Coach House Coffee shop in Brightlingsea.....so hope to see you there. Thank you to Alex for giving me space....again!  Alex does a very fine line in homemade soup. Just the thing for these cold days, so wiz down there and take a look.
This month he is showing Val Bonnett's work. 

I thought I might give calligraphy a go. Not really the beautiful handwriting you would expect, but used in a decorative way. I love the way the letters form patterns, not needing to say anything in particular....just words on a page. Anyway, I bought myself some nibs and ink (a sort of a present from my daughter, that I paid for!)
and I shall try some out. Watch this space!