Monday 12 August 2013

That's Summer done then !

The Summer exhibitions that I am involved in , have now come to an end and I feel at a loose end. I am hugely grateful to all those people who bought my artworks, I am hardly left with anything at all. Which is not only good news financially but also I need to have a massive clear out of my studio, in preparation for the move. Over the last couple of weeks I have been sorting out the odds and ends left from previous exhibitions (to put in a sale in Sept). I came across some unused planks of wood amongst the canvases. Hmmm. Waste not, want not, or something. I had also been hanging onto a couple of paintings of doorways that I particularly like. One of a Libyan door and one Maltese. I shall take these with me, but it got me thinking about what I shall be painting next.


 The Mediterranean colours are so different and I will have to get used to using a completely different palette. I wonder if I will miss the soft light of this East coast, the ever changing skies and muted grey and khaki of the water. The Mediterranean doors and architecture will be very inspiring, the shabby chic of the peeling paint is so beautiful. I have lots to look forward to.


Sooo, I thought I would have a little experiment with colours on these spare boards and see what happens ! I'll keep you posted. Can't help myself. Even when I don't have an exhibition to work towards, I just have to keep a painting !


 A box of driftwood I no longer need will be donated to my friend Susie for her to use in conjunction with her beautiful ceramics. See her website here.


Keep an eye out for news about the studio sale, lots on offer, including original art works, books, materials and lots more.