Tuesday 30 October 2012

Busy, busy


 Busy, busy afternoon, persevering with the watercolours. I am determined to get to grips with them and I think I have found a method I like. I didn't want to paint detailed traditional style watercolours, and have found (armed with copious amounts of water and a sponge) that the wash on wash method suits my style best. I really like the simplicity that comes from moving a little colour around in a lot of water.


I am producing some very small and simple paintings, which will be mounted on card. They can be used simply as greetings cards or could be individually framed to produce bijou and very affordable art works to hang. I think these small works look best in drifts of 3 or 5, and I will be selling them (along with other works) at the Waterside Gallery in Brightlingsea, from 17th November.
It is the last week of the Pilgrimage exhibition at the Naze Tower in Walton on the Naze, so if you haven't been yet, wizz over there before Sunday !