Monday 13 June 2011

Just take the next step.


I watched a film last night, 'The Way Back', about the arduous trek out of Russia, through Mongolia, China, and Tibet into India by a group of escapees from a Siberian gulag. Most of them didn't make it. But along the way they all learnt a lot about themselves through the hardships they endured. In order to get through the ordeal, they just took the next step. Step, step, step.
By the time you read this I will be on my own trek, on a 3 week retreat. Not a sesshin with others, but on my own, in a tent, on an island. I don't know what I expect, nothing, I hope. I'm not looking for anything, just time on my own, making a little space inside.
I have packed and re-packed the bag, it's still too heavy, but there's not much else I can leave behind. I've un-cluttered my head, sent all the emails I need to, nothing to worry about,......Catchya in July.
Step, step, step, step, step,step.