Thursday 23 September 2010

Assemblage

I have long been a fan of assemblage and with the wealth of 'found' object lying around in our endless barns, I'm going to give it a go. I took a year's sculpture course a few years back, which was instrumental in my breaking away from the textile pattern quality of my previous work and helping me look at my art works from a completely different perspective.


There are boxes of rusty nails, small pieces of metal that no longer have a use for the farm machinery, and endless nuts and bolts that I can utilize. So armed with bucket, I collected a few bits and pieces.
There is nothing more satisfying than being able to recycle seemingly forgotten items. Teamed with the redundant wood from pallets and keeping with the theme I am running with in my paintings, I have made my first assemblage.



Starting small!