Saturday 31 August 2013

Ize on da move

Well, two months to go before I become a nomad again. All belongings will be sifted through, discarding the useless and not very beautiful. In the words of William Morris 'Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful'
So clear out I must. A fair amount of artworks, books and general art materials will be going down to Waterside Gallery, Brightlingsea on 14th/15th Sept. for a 'Studio Sale'  along with a couple of other artist's work. This will coincide with the Colchester & Tendring Open Studios weekend in Wivenhoe and Brightlingsea. So if you are making a trip out to Wivenhoe or Brightlingsea that weekend, call in at the gallery, down by the harbour, you never know what gem you may find.
Email me, or send a msg via facebook, if you would like more info. We do have room for a couple more artist sellers if anyone is interested ...??

The packing up of the studio has started and the more room I make, the more room is taken up with other things that need a home !


I have much to do in preparation for the move, not least, working out how to get my belongings all the way to Gozo without breaking the bank. I'm hugely excited and nervous all at the same time. The prospect of starting from scratch promoting my artwork is a worry. But I have lots of ideas up my sleeve and along with painting in my usual style (hoping there will be a supply of driftwood I can call on) I will be also be venturing into new areas, so lots to look forward to.
In the mean time I will be learning how to paint/distress furniture in the Annie Sloane style...well my style, her paint ! with a view to running this along side my artwork. 
A new blog has emerged which I will be posting notes on the move, so check it out if you want a little of the Mediterranean sneaking into your home. Love Gozo.
The blog is still in in it's infancy and needs much tweeking...but it's a start ! see you there.