Monday 30 July 2012

Empty sky

A busy day finishing off two small canvases. The simplicity of the painting belies the amount of work needed to prepare the textured surface on which to work ! A little tidying up around the edges and will get these down to the gallery for the last weekend of the show. The exhibition has been a big success again this year, it's a shame it's not staying open until September.


I've been thinking about my workshops again. Something that had to go on hold this Summer. I may have to slightly change the format so that in a downsized space we can still experiment with expressive painting. It may be possible to do something at Sea Green Studio, so please let me know if you might be interested. Email on the side bar. Another alternative I have been toying with is to film the workshop as a course for DVD. That may take a while though to sort. Again, if you are interested please let me know !


Have the courage to throw yourself into life, take risks, weather blows, knowing before you begin that you will be exposed to a series of opposites; success and failure, happiness and unhappiness, praise and blame.  -  Arnaud Desjardins