Friday 20 May 2011

Busy Busy


Making a start on this Maltese doorway, painted on wood. I probably shouldn't show work until it's finished, but I quite like the ongoing process. The wood makes a lovely surface to work on, really grainy, especially for  a wooden door and stone walls. The colours are subdued like the dusty peeling green paint and sun washed stone. I loved the architecture in Malta and took endless photos of doors and balconies. A constant supply of inspiration. Oh to go back... a flat in Valletta would be just perfect!....dream... 
This small painting (approx 40x60cm) is to add to a couple of others, I hope will be chosen to hang in the Colchester Art Society show, at Layer Marney Tower . The show in July. Three works can be submitted and  all, some or none are selected!  We'll see.
I now have work hanging in The Treble Tile restaurant in West Bergholt, so get along and sample their fab food whilst perusing my paintings!
Great excitements,  Jardine Bistro in Wivenhoe have offered me a slot next year to show my work, in their stunning restaurant. It's such a great space for art work, and they have showcased some amazing artists, so I'm very excited. There is quite a lot of hanging space so I had better start work now !

Southend Festival is running a competition for artists, if you would like to vote for my work (or someone else's ) go to my Facebook page click on the link and 'LIKE' my painting. Thanks.