Sunday 21 November 2010

Onward & upward





Carrying on with the fishy theme, these are a few more I have been working on this week. The 2 small ones are painted on some found wood, using a combination of acrylic and pencil. The larger 70cm x 100cm on canvas has a collage base with acrylics and pen. They yet to have the finishing touches and varnish applied. The two small ones 30cm x 50cm ish, will be going with some other tiny works to The Waterside Marina at Brightlingsea this weekend. The other into Level Best Gallery next week. That's if I don't sell it first! someone popped into the studio on Friday and is umming and ahhhing! Infact I've had a good few weeks with sales. One of which sold before the exhibition up in Leicestershire had even opened!

I have also been having a bit of a recycling time. Wabi sabi and all that. When I'm not happy with a piece or it goes wrong, the offending canvas is pushed into a corner of my studio and forgotten about. A sad place for the unloved to hang out. Most of these works had reached the varnished stage and therefore couldn't be painted over, in the grand tradition of old masters who did this all the time....waste not, want not....or something like that. Then I had a flash of genius.....not before time LOL. To cut up the paintings and reuse them in another collage. Then I would be able to recover the frames and hey presto more new canvases..... and new art works to boot .... Brilliant!