Wednesday 14 July 2010

Obsession

A great week in Greece, but little in the way of painting done! I was so tied up with my new camera a Panasonic DMC-FS10, that the paints were hardly out of the bag. I became a little obsessed with doors and doorways and used this as an excuse to try different setting.
This little compact camera is perfect for idiots like me. Press the intelligent auto button and it thought of everything.

I collected labels from beer bottles and the like and will use all of this to make some small collages.

Stoupa is in the Messinian Gulf in Mani, South Peloponnese and more like Turkey in its architecture and colouring than the whitewashed houses of the Greek islands.
The countryside quite lush and it really deserved more than a week's sun worshiping! I had also intended to do some hill walking but the heat and the turquoise water got the better of me.

Off to Malta next week where I fully intend to be a little more focused!